Wednesday 13 April 2011

Modelling a person

This was the model i was most dreading to do. At first i tried to use a reference of a person from the front and side. This did not go so well, it was difficult to get the dimensions right and it went horribly wrong. 
So i started again. I found another technique of modelling a person in an online tutorial. I started with a box and then cut it in half. I used the symmetry modifier on the box so both sides would come out identical. This meant i only had to model 1 half on the body. 



Then it was a basic extrude and moving vertexes to where i wanted them. I left out the head as i thought it would be easier to model that separately and attach it later on. I then used a subdivide modifier to give the model more planes and edges so when the turbo smooth was added it would give a smoother and more rounded output. It also gave more vertexes to edit to give a better model. 



To make the suite i gave each area i wanted a different colour a separate ID. I then used a multi/sub object material to select which colours i wanted on the certain Id's.

No comments:

Post a Comment