Wednesday 13 April 2011

Do you smell what the rock is cookin'?

I'm adding this model in and giving it its own post because i was really happy with how it came out! Its a simple rock that i put into my oddjob scene environment. I started with a box, used a spherify modifier on it then used turbosmooth and put the iterations to 4. I then used two displace modifiers. On the first displace modifier i used a Cellular map and on the second i used a noise map. With the cellular map you can change the cell colour to add texture to the rock. I set the displace strength to 4. The noise map added even more texture. I changed the size on the material editor to 25 and changed the noise type to fractural. This gave a more jagged edge to the rock. Finally i used a melt modifier which just melts the textured sphere down giving it a smooth bottom edge. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is definitely the most electrifying rock in all of entertainment. You should dedicate this post to the millions AND MILLIONS of the rock's fans!

    ReplyDelete